Prophet Salih (a)
Prophet Salih (a)Prophet Salih (a)
The people of Thamud
lived in a valley
in the north of Arabia.
It was a good land
so everything grew very easily.
Cattle and sheep grazed
on the land.
had plenty of everything.
When people have a lot
they sometimes forget
who provides everything,
they sometimes forget Allah.
When this happens
Allah sends a messenger
or a prophet
to try to help the people.
To the people of Thamud,
Allah sent Salih.
Salih told the people
to remember Allah
but a lot of people just
at him and would
He did not give up.
He still tried to persuade
them to worship Allah
and soon people
began to listen.
They realised Salih was right.
The leaders of Thamud
were upset by this.
They did not want people
to listen to Salih.
They did not believe Salih
was sent by Allah.
They wanted him to prove it,
they wanted a sign.
They told Salih
to bring them a camel
but it had
to be a
Salih prayed to Allah
and Allah sent
the special camel.
The camel gave lots and
lots of milk so all the poor
people had enough to drink,
and they were very happy.
The leaders of Thamud
angry again to see Salih
and his followers so happy.
to kill the camel.
Salih told them that Allah
would punish them.
Salih took all the good people
away from the valley.
A terrible earthquake came
and destroyed the valley
and all the bad people.
If they had listened to Salih
they would have been saved.
- Hud (Hud) - Description of Hud
- Hud (Hud) - Commentary - Hud's Appeal to His People
- Hud (Hud) - Hud's Appeal to His People - Qur'anic
- Salih (Salih) - Salih's People Demand a Miracle
- Salih (Salih) - The Disbelievers' Hatred for Salih
- Salih (Salih) - The Disbelievers' Plot to Kill the She-Camel
- Salih (Salih) - Salih's Story - Condensed Qur'anic Version
- Yunus (Jonah) - Description of Jonah's People
- Yunus (Jonah) - Jonah Leaves His People
- Yunus (Jonah) - The People are Forgiven
- Yunus (Jonah) - The Storm at Sea
- Yunus (Jonah) - The Whale Swallows Jonah
- Yunus (Jonah) - Summary of Jonah's Story
- Dawud (David) - David Challenges Goliath
- Dawud (David) - David and Goliath Fight
- Dawud (David) - David Becomes a Prophet
- Dawud (David) - Daivd is Granted the Language of Animals
- Dawud (David) - Saul Plots to Kill David
- Idris (Enoch) - Birth and Teachings
- Lut (Lot) - Description of the People of Sodom
- Lut (Lot) - Angels Come to Meet Lot
- Musa (Moses) - The Story of Moses
- Musa (Moses) - The Situation after Moses is Proven Right
- Musa (Moses) - The Perishing of Pharaoh and His Army
- Musa (Moses) - The Israelites after Pharaoh's Defeat
- Musa (Moses) - The Story of the Israelites and the Cow
- Shia (Isaiah) - Allah Destroys Hezekiah's Enemies
- Shia (Isaiah) - Allah Grants More Life to Hezekiah
- Shia (Isaiah) - Isaiah and Hezekiah
- Allah does exist