Prophet Musa (a)
Prophet Musa (a)Prophet Musa (a)
Israil's family decided
to stay in Egypt. For a
long time they were
happy. The family grew.
There were many people
related to Israil and they
became known as the
For some reason the
Egyptian people did not
like the Bani Israil.
A new Firawn became ruler
of Egypt. Israil's people
became slaves to the
government. They wereforced
to do many unpleasant jobs
and were treated very badly.
One night Firawn had a
dream. His high priest, Haman,
told him what he thought the
dream meant. An Israil boy would be born
and he would grow up and cause
the death of Firawn.
This made Firawn very
angry and so he thought of
a horrible plan.
All the boys born to the
Israilites would be
killed at birth.
He thought this would
stop the dream from
Imran and his wife had two
children, a girl called Maryam
and a boy called Iram. Soon
after Firawn told of his
plan, Imran's wife found out that
she was going to have another
They were pleased but they were
also worried that if the baby was
a boy, he would be killed.
She did not tell anyone that she was
going to have a baby. She stayed at
home and kept her secret until the
baby was born.
It was a boy.
She loved the baby very much but
realised that if she kept him, he
might be killed.
She put the baby in a special
box and Maryam went with her
to the river Nile.
They carefully put the box in
the river and prayed that it
would sail to safety.
Allah was watching over the
baby. No harm would come
The box sailed into Firawn's
gardens. Some maids were there
and saw the box caught in the
bullrushes. They pulled it out
and were amazed to find a
beautiful baby inside.
They took him to Firawn's wife,
Asia, who looked at him and
knew at once that he was an Israili.
Firawn wanted to kill the
baby but Asia cried and
cried and was so upset that
eventually he said she could
keep him and even adopt him.
The baby was called Musa.
He was not happy. He cried
because he was hungry but
would not take milk from
Maryam heard of this and she let
it be known that she knew someone
who might be able to help.
She went to her mother
and told her
went to the
palace and when
Musa was put
in her arms he
and took milk
With Allah's help
Musa and his
mother were reunited.
She was able to look after
Musa for a long time and
he loved her dearly.
- Hud (Hud) - Description of Hud
- Hud (Hud) - Commentary - Hud's Appeal to His People
- Hud (Hud) - Hud's Appeal to His People - Qur'anic
- Salih (Salih) - Salih's People Demand a Miracle
- Salih (Salih) - The Disbelievers' Hatred for Salih
- Salih (Salih) - The Disbelievers' Plot to Kill the She-Camel
- Salih (Salih) - Salih's Story - Condensed Qur'anic Version
- Yunus (Jonah) - Description of Jonah's People
- Yunus (Jonah) - Jonah Leaves His People
- Yunus (Jonah) - The People are Forgiven
- Yunus (Jonah) - The Storm at Sea
- Yunus (Jonah) - The Whale Swallows Jonah
- Yunus (Jonah) - Summary of Jonah's Story
- Dawud (David) - David Challenges Goliath
- Dawud (David) - David and Goliath Fight
- Dawud (David) - David Becomes a Prophet
- Dawud (David) - Daivd is Granted the Language of Animals
- Dawud (David) - Saul Plots to Kill David
- Idris (Enoch) - Birth and Teachings
- Lut (Lot) - Description of the People of Sodom
- Lut (Lot) - Angels Come to Meet Lot
- Musa (Moses) - The Story of Moses
- Musa (Moses) - The Situation after Moses is Proven Right
- Musa (Moses) - The Perishing of Pharaoh and His Army
- Musa (Moses) - The Israelites after Pharaoh's Defeat
- Musa (Moses) - The Story of the Israelites and the Cow
- Shia (Isaiah) - Allah Destroys Hezekiah's Enemies
- Shia (Isaiah) - Allah Grants More Life to Hezekiah
- Shia (Isaiah) - Isaiah and Hezekiah
- Allah does exist