Ibrahim (Abraham) - The Idolaters Try to Burn Abraham
Ibrahim (Abraham) - The Idolaters Try to Burn AbrahamIbrahim (Abraham) - The Idolaters Try to Burn Abraham
Anger was burning in their hearts. They decided to throw Abraham into the biggest fire they could build. All the citizens were ordered to gather wood as a service to their gods. Ignorant, sick women vowed that if they were cured they would donate so much wood to burn Abraham. For several days they collected fuel.
They dug a deep pit, filled it with firewood and ignited it. They brought a catapult with which to cast Abraham into the fire. Abraham was put on the catapult, his hands and feet tied. The fire was ready with its flames reaching the sky. The people stood away from the pit because of the great heat. Then the chief priest gave his order to cast Abraham into the fire.
The angel Gabriel came near Abraham's head and asked him: "0 Abraham, do you wish for anything?" Abraham replied: "Nothing from you."
The catapult was shot, and Abraham was cast into the fire, but his descent into the blaze was as a descent on steps in a cool garden. The flames were still there, but they did not burn, for Allah the Almighty had issued His command: "0 fire! Be you coolness and safety for Abraham." Surah 21: 69
The fire submitted to the will of Allah, becoming cool and safe for Abraham. It only burned his bonds, and he sat in the midst of the fire as if he were sitting in a garden. He glorified and praised Allah the Almighty, with a heart that contained only his love for Allah. There was not any vacant space therein for fear, awe, or worry. It was filled with love only.
Fear and awe were dead, and the fire was turned into coolness, making the air pleasant. Those who love Allah as Abraham did do not fear.
- Hud (Hud) - Description of Hud
- Hud (Hud) - Commentary - Hud's Appeal to His People
- Hud (Hud) - Hud's Appeal to His People - Qur'anic
- Salih (Salih) - Salih's People Demand a Miracle
- Salih (Salih) - The Disbelievers' Hatred for Salih
- Salih (Salih) - The Disbelievers' Plot to Kill the She-Camel
- Salih (Salih) - Salih's Story - Condensed Qur'anic Version
- Yunus (Jonah) - Description of Jonah's People
- Yunus (Jonah) - Jonah Leaves His People
- Yunus (Jonah) - The People are Forgiven
- Yunus (Jonah) - The Storm at Sea
- Yunus (Jonah) - The Whale Swallows Jonah
- Yunus (Jonah) - Summary of Jonah's Story
- Dawud (David) - David Challenges Goliath
- Dawud (David) - David and Goliath Fight
- Dawud (David) - David Becomes a Prophet
- Dawud (David) - Daivd is Granted the Language of Animals
- Dawud (David) - Saul Plots to Kill David
- Idris (Enoch) - Birth and Teachings
- Lut (Lot) - Description of the People of Sodom
- Lut (Lot) - Angels Come to Meet Lot
- Musa (Moses) - The Story of Moses
- Musa (Moses) - The Situation after Moses is Proven Right
- Musa (Moses) - The Perishing of Pharaoh and His Army
- Musa (Moses) - The Israelites after Pharaoh's Defeat
- Musa (Moses) - The Story of the Israelites and the Cow
- Shia (Isaiah) - Allah Destroys Hezekiah's Enemies
- Shia (Isaiah) - Allah Grants More Life to Hezekiah
- Shia (Isaiah) - Isaiah and Hezekiah
- Allah does exist